There are so many people I care a lot about, many of which are now graduated and I may never see again. And though goodbyes, of which I've had many, have never been my favorite, I'm still very greatful for goodbyes because it means there was a hello before it. Even though it hurts to watch many of you who mean so much to me leave, I thank God every time I remeber you. I thank God for blessign me with the opportunity to meet you and for the impact you have had on my life. I'm a different person because of you, in a good way. I just wish I had told you in person how much you mean to me because I can't just start listing names here. So this is kind of my tribute to all of you.
Thanks for being like older brothers and sisters to me. Thanks for creating a community of selfless givers. Thanks for the holloween parties, coffee hours, movie nights, dinners, brunches, and relaxing get-togethers often filled with music. Thanks for concerts. Thanks for introducing me to so many good musicians and bands I'd never even heard of. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions and wisdom. Thanks for your honesty. Thanks for caring about the environment. Thanks for caring about the world. Thanks for showing me how great friendships can be!
I love you!
7 comments:
I probalby will not visit this summer.I will try and visit next fall to see everyone and my sisters
It's sucks that goodbyes seem to last longer than hello's
Your message is lovely and it's made me miss everyone all over again.
I love you Carmela. I miss you also. very moving post. :)
terrible news is..... I won't even be in Alberta from the 20th to 28th... when Dane mentioned it I was unsure but I really won't even be around at all... I'll be in GR for my sisters grad and wedding. shoot! Please enjoy Alberta anyways and i hope to see you again soon.
love you.
what the hell justine? i was totally planning on stopping by to see you! :( here we are, driving for miles and miles in hopes of at least a couple hours of justine-music and conversation... (of course, about sex and boys) ;)
Ah well. I'll have to content myself with carmela and dane's singing... I refuse to sing. It'd be a terribly long ride for the others. Anywho, enjoy the wedding. Miss you much! Cheers.
haha... i just realized i didn't really finish that "here we are traveling...." sentence... oops.
carmela, doing coffee time was a strange experience for me because i love to have people over and hang out with friends but that instinct is conflicted with a deep set hatred for people in general. You were one of the unique though, in the way that I never ever shuddered inside when I saw you walk in my front door on sunday nights.
i miss you and hope your summer is very restful.
Thanks Brielle. Thats comforting...
;) I miss you too!
Carmela,
you're so grand...and I'm so glad I knew you.
Post a Comment