I have my crazy Sunday this week. Every other week I work a double shift on Sunday, from 3pm to 7am Monday, which makes it incredibly tempting to just sleep Sunday morning away because I know I won't be sleeping much that night. Especially since I keep letting my homework build up so I end up doing it all Sunday night at work. At least I have food to bring along today. I went to the cheesecake factory on Friday and brought most of my dinner home in a box. Now I can take it to work. Hooray for doggy bags!
Yesterday Rachel and I (but mostly Rachel) made some bars and snow balls, which are basically like oliebollen, only easier and quicker to make, and also more fluffy I think. Anyway, then we invited around 30 people over (they didn't all come at once, and there may not have actually been thirty, but there may have been...) and it was a great time! Seniors, freshmen, and the inbetweeners, and Rachel's grandparents all brought together by food like true Americans. (hm?)
Watched NCDC last night. How long will it take people (performers) to realize we don't watch NCDC to see pretty faces and hear good voices, we go to see a show?! It seems the girls just try to look pretty and show off their lovely voices to sentimental love songs. The guys typically do a better job of performance because looks just won't get them as far. Becca Oudmen was by far the best chic up there (but then I am kind of biased). She picked a good song, not so popular, that I thought had a decent range to it AND she has a good voice. She just needs to work on stage presence! But Shafstall was the best, in my opinion. Fun song (by the killers) and he really played off the audience and went all into it, but almost jokingly. And there was a guy from Northwestern (Matt Deglopper) who was really fun too - he had his own guitarist (possibly Zac Couture?) backstage playing for him, and he sang "Hit me baby one more time" by BS. Takes a lot of guts, if you ask me. But what I liked was he didn't sing it in a mocking voice, he actually did it kind of seriously, but with appropriate facial and body expression. I think NCDC is really between Shaft and Deglopper. They were FUN to watch!!!
P.S. THIS made MY day!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI
3 comments:
haha! loved the video...!
ah..ncdc... the things i miss...
(seriously...this baby is so fussy today!)
don't work too hard chaparra! good luck with homework!
love you!
The last time I went to NCDC I was sitting with Reub and Jeff and we mocked it the entire time while the NWers just kept getting more and more pissed. Ahhh, the good times are killing me. I also enjoyed the video. Did someone else have it posted also?
no one else posted it that i know of, but I think alan posted A video and said it made his day. which is why I emphasized THIS video...
Post a Comment