17 January 2007

another travelling song

The whole time I was in Mexico I heard Iowa had 30 degree weather or so. The day I got back from Mexico, the temperature was about -4 degrees or so. Or +4? Either way, freaking cold! We got to Minneapolis at about 10, got out of the airport at about 11, found the car and actually left at 12 as in midnight... Got to Sioux Center at about 4am? Got up the next day (sat.) at 10:30am to get to the post office and bank before closing. Did laundry and packed. Went to the bar that night and went to bed around 2:30am. Got up the next 
day around 11.
Packed some more. Went to Steph's for supper. Then hung out with Smickers. Went to bed at 2:30am. Got up at 5:30am. Left Sioux Center for Omaha at 6am.
After 27 long hours of travel, I'm finally in Woerdense Verlaat.  Hooray! And for anyone ever coming out this way - take British Airways. It's pretty darn good. I didn't have too bad of jet-lag when I got here because I slept quite a bit on the airplanes and in the airports. I had three layovers, one for over 5 hrs. And every flight I was on was a bit delayed, but I still made it on time because there was a strong wind blowing east so my 8hr flight turned into 6hrs. 
It's weird seeing Amanda here because she has a whole different life here. She's like a little mom, picking up and dropping off kids, speaking in dutch really fast, cooking, making tea, going to bed early... :)  It's good to see her though. I missed her!
Now I miss other people.  
Tomorrow I go shopping. Friday I go to my host family's house. I can't wait to unpack. I've been living out of a suitcase 
for over three weeks. 
To all Dordters, happy studies!  I don't know when I start school. Probably monday? Anyway, have a great semester.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i am no one's mom!

good to see you too! :)