02 April 2007

Een April (een betje laat)

I went to the longest birthday party of my life this weekend. It was of my host sister Jeanine's boyfriend. Saturday all his friends were over at his place sitting around drinking beer, doing shots, etc... I didn't drink much, but around 2.30am they found out I like Gold Strike - that 50%, cinnamon flavored, clear with gold flecks alcohol. So I had a shot with Jeanine. But since she is not particularly a fan of Gold Strike, I had to take a shot of Drop Shot with her to even the score. I hate droppies and anything black liquorish related. I agreed to take a shot only if I had a glass of water handy. So one of the guys got up, went to the kitchen and came back with a glass with some water. I had no choice now, so down with the Drop Shot and I immediately stuffed my mouth full of chips. They all laughed at me and said, "here, have your water," so I just took the glass and threw that back too. It didn't look like much, so I just took a big mouthful - a big mouth FULL of GOLD STRIKE!!! "Een April!" I was so surprised and was laughing so hard I couldn't even swallow it at first so I just stared back at everyone with my eyes round as marbles, and tearing up. That stuff is good, when you're expecting it, and when you have a regular shot, not a whole freakin mouthful!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

haha! nice one.