Note to self - NEVER buy children talking, singing, or any other noise-maing toy!
Today I got woke up early by some of Danielle's toddler cousins. Amazing how much noise such little beings can create! Especially when they jump and fall and slide and stomp all over the floor which from the basement sounds like the house is undergoing some sort of construction. Oh well. At least they're cute little guys. :)
We asked the 4 year old if he likes to play with dolls. He's like "noooo".
"Why not?"
"Because dolls are for giiiRRrrls."
"Who says?"
"everyone"...
Sometimes I think it's too bad we make some toys just for girls and others just for boys. No wonder boys and girls have such a hard time playing together. We tell them they can't play with the same type of toys... Maybe we should teach our boys to play with dolls as well as their trucks and show the girls how to play with trucks as well as their dolls.
But then, will it really make a difference? and is it really such a big deal? I'm not even sure I care that much. Perhaps I'm bored. Neal's right. We should go do something. Or at least play games. Dutch blitz anyone?
5 comments:
Guys that end up being gay are usually the ones that play with barbies as kids..
Yes. We should leave and do some shopping, or play Dutch Blitz
not true at all, Nealio. not true at all!
I don't know Neal all that well... how sarcastic is he? What if you played with girls when you were a kid?
that kinda sounds bad, shimmers. ;) and I think Neal was being serious, but he's kind of a homophobe. so maybe you two shouldn't hang out.
I'm totally joking, btw.
I don't know if we were friends that one month when I asked everyone if we would still be friends if I were gay.
"Not that there's anything wrong with that!"
btw, I totally played with girls when I was in the early grades. I have photos to prove it.
Post a Comment