After church yesterday, I went to Canada's Wonderland, a theme park near Toronto I think? It was nice and sunny when we got there, but about ten steps into the park, a nice big cloud crept in front of the sun. We got in line for our first ride. The line was long, it is the first weekend since school got out. We slowly advanced, but got only about a third of the way before all rides were "temporarily shutdown" due to lightning. We stayed in line anyway, hoping the thunderstorm would pass as quickly as it came. Then the cold rain came and many people started leaving to seek shelter, while we braver souls worked our way closer to the front of the line laughing at those leaving for punking out - who can't handle a little rain? - while at the same time trying to squeeze the seven of us under the only two towels we brought in some lame attempt to keep dry. Two hours later when we could no longer feel our hands or feet, we finally admitted defeat and deserted not only the line, but the whole park to hit up a Wendy's/Tim Hortons for food and coffee. Half an hour later we were all warmed up and there was talk of going to Turtle's place so the boys could play Halo (UGH!!). How absolutely miserable to drive 45 min, pay 35 dollars, and stand in the rain for 2 hours only to go home after not having been on a single ride!!
But just then the sun came out, the rain had already stopped and we looked over at the park and saw some rides going again! So we went back to the park, got in with our stamped hands and spent the next 4 and a half hours enjoying the sunshine and many rides with the shortest lines ever because so many people left and never went back! :) When I went to bed last night, every time I closed my eyes I had the sensation that I was still on a roller coaster. The smoothest and longest and most fun one yet!
1 comment:
sounds like wonderous fun friend... :) i've been a slacker. don't hate me. i miss you.
Post a Comment