19 July 2008

One month to go.

I don`t know how I`m even still functioning right now after getting up at 3am for two days in a row, working hard all day in the hot humid air, swimming for half an hour, getting no nap, and then working outside with Uncle Oho when I got home! Now it is after 10pm and I still haven`t showered! Yikes! At least I get to `sleep in`tomorrow.
I went for a bike ride today too. To the LCBO. Liquor store. :) I introduced Aunt Anna Marie to the world of Gallo.

Uncle Oho then introduced me to the world of big table saws which I used to cut up the leftover wood he had from a bed he just made to use for firewood in the winter. Neato! I love using that thing, it's impressive. :)

I shaved off a good corner of my pointer fingernail while peeling potatoes for my boss. It didn`t hurt, but the looks of it creep me out. Things with fingernails are always creepy, like chalkboards and nails, or hang nails, or cutting them too short... But now a whole corner is missing. Where there is supposed to be nail there is now only flesh! yugh!

Anyway, I have to shower and get this woody dust and stain off me! Then hopefully I can sleep without getting woke up again by people walking around upstairs.

You know, summer`s been great, but I`m pretty ready to be back at Dordt now so I can hang out with everyone again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

and how.

Amanda said...

so yesterday at church this bus full of college students from all over the US stops by for the 10oclock service. during coffee afterwards i am standing around with some friends filling up on caffeine when luuk pulls me over to this group of guys that he just met (he must have been attracted by the light blue shirts with variations of stripes, solids, and checkers, and light brown pants, which all of them including himself were wearing). this one guy went to dordt, he says. oh, really?, i ask. huh, you look familiar, i say. yeah, so do you, says he. do you know carmela, i ask? a look of recognition lights up his face, yes i know her!, he says. she is my sister!, i say. wow, he says, i am chris kuyper. tell her i said hi.

Neal said...

Laura, that's a crazy story!!

Carmela, I definitely agree. It's time for Dordt to start once again

Sarah Alice said...

Knitting Party Please! Seriously, I've been knitting like crazy this summer. I love it! I know, what a nerd. Are working on anything right now?

Tom S said...

For whatever reason, the finger cutting, table sawing, grimy-not-showering, of this post reminds me of boy scout camp. Maybe next summer you could train the young'uns to be mountain men?