16 September 2010

I've been in Canada four months now. Summer is mostly over and now the ladies crew consists of only four people, including myself and Dee. It is a lot quieter, a lot slower, and much more boring than I expected.

I have not done all of the activities I had hoped to have done by now, such as visit the safari, or go white water rafting, or even go biking on the bike path in Niagara. But I have found ways of staying busy such as attempting to buy 33 different beers at Bugsys so I can get a beer mug with my name on it, watching movies at home or the cinema or the drive-in, walking forbidden paths, going behind waterfalls, camping, swimming at the Bakker beach, walking down the pier at Port Delhousie, participating in a play by Beth and Paul T. and Justine M., and tomorrow Dee and I plan to go to the butterfly conservatory.

I have not read as much as I hoped, but lately at work I have been listening to books on audio. I know tis not the same thing at all as reading, but it helps pass the time at work and prevents my getting so bored with the music I currently have. I am intrigued by the ability of some people to read books in such a captivating manner and to create slightly different voices and manners of speech for all the different characters in one novel. I think reading for a recording would be a rather fun job. Perhaps I have found a new calling...

I have traveled a little from here since coming. I went to Alberta for a happy family reunion and shortly after to Grand Rapids for a very unhappy family reunion of sorts. I still plan to go to Montreal sometime to visit my cousin and to Toronto to visit a friend and to Newmarket again to visit my aunt and uncle. In October I will be returning to Iowa for a long weekend. Heads up!

I think that is about it for now.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Books on audio... I've always sort of had that thought in the back of my head as an idea for "someday". Where do you get the? The ones I've seen at Barnes & Noble seem outrageously priced (go figure!). Sounds as though you are doing a lot of cool things- good for you! Will I see you in October?