I lent the Sandlot to my cousin so his son Z could watch it. After begging all afternoon to watch it, when Z was finally given the opportunity, I heard him say, "No, I want to watch Arrested Development." I've never met a five year old with finer taste.
The last couple weeks I've been car-less, which has made me entirely grateful I am keeping my little Nena, especially with the cold and snow coming on. I just don't feel like leaving my apartment to study in the library or to buy groceries when I have to stand outside to wait for a bus... Anyway, Nena had to visit Uncle Al, who fixed, among many other things, her lazy eye. For the first time in at least a year, if not our entire history together, I can see more than 8 feet in front of me when driving at night because her headlights actually point straight ahead now. :) I don't know how I stayed alive this long driving around with such limited visibility, except that I must have a guardian angel!
I'm serious.
I've recently discovered a whole desk in the back of my classroom. It's my new favorite spot, seeing as I've been crowded out of my first favorite spot in the very front row. But back here, I have my own electrical outlet and I have an entire desk to spread my stuff out on, rather than just a small little square of a tablet not even big enough to fit a clip board on... I can do homework during class and no one knows. I can go in and out of class unnoticed. :) This time, however, I shall tell no classmates of my new find, lest I get crowded out of here as well.
1 comment:
Sandlot is pretty great.
Post a Comment