As someone once said, times were good, but its time to move on now and look forward to this next year.
I am now officially a humble bean employee! I had my first day of training on friday? I think? Not yesterday friday, but the one before? It's fun. I believe it will be my favorite job yet. And its not as hard as I thought it might be.
Due to some schedule mishaps at work (Hope Haven), I ended up not having to work the overnight shift as I expected. Nice.
I went grocery shopping today. Bikes with baskets are amazing for grocery shopping!!
Today I made a delicious lupper and realised I had no one to share it with. And then I also realised I was going to go to family table in less than an hour with my clients. So at family table I ended up just getting a side dish and desert, but I paid more than half the clients did for their meals...
After supper we went to a blues concert in Rock Valley. It was good background music for my reading of the Silver Chair. Was that rude? Then we got cold and sat in the van to watch the fire works.
I found a banana bread recipe and I now have bread pans. I am just short a few ingrediants, so as soon as I get them I'll be a bread making machine! I used to bake banana bread a lot in Mexico to use up the rotten banana's in our house. Our baking soda came in litte two-table-spoon packages. I put chocolate chips in the bread. And I used more milk and less flour so it would be more moist and less cake-like.... who cares.
I haven't seen anyone who wasn't either a client or a coworker all day.
I'm going to bed.
P.S. I wrote this a couple days ago, but because I'm an idiot, I saved it as a draft instead of posting it... silly me.
1 comment:
Bikes with baskets are good. I hope its working well for you even though the brakes are terrible. Cooking for yourself sucks doesn't it. I havn't had to do it in so long that I've forgotten how and am not motivated to do it either. If you want more bread pans by the way, I have two brand new ones sitting around in the Brick house on 4th street (home to me)! Dordt starts this week right? Have fun with the Sioux Center student surge and the reawakening of night life on campus!
Post a Comment