Word of advice - don't ever make bets, no matter how sure you are that you are right. You might not be. Especially if you've had 7 beers and 2 shots... And then you might lose ten euros over it. (don't ask)
Today we went to a high school to learn about the different education system here. I liked what I saw. The strange thing, however, was I saw seventh graders operating huge drills and such. In the US teachers freak out when kids run with scissors, but here they've got the kids making tables and chairs in carpentry class, messing with electric wires and stuff for an electrician class, and learning how to use big heavy factory machines with knives, drills, presses and such. Anyway, I thought it looked like fun though! And these kids graduate from the high school trade section at the age of 16 with a full diploma of their trade. They can be hired straight from school then to be electricians or carpenters or whatever.
Tomorrow and Friday I have no class. Hooray! I'm going to Groningen again this weekend, but saturday I'm going even further to Buffalo to celebrate carnival with several other nspicers.
I feel like I'm always hungry.
I have some pictures I will try to post. It didn't work just now, but maybe later it will.
1 comment:
ask for rye bread. that stuff sits like a log in your stomach.
and it turns your poo funny colors.
and its good for you. :)
Post a Comment