I've just rediscovered Elliot Smith's XO album. I love it.
Sometimes I worry too much about what I have to do instead of just doing it.
Sometimes I worry too much about why I feel so down and end up making it worse when I could just not worry about it and enjoy the day. Seriously, I've been thinking lately about those times when I get "depressed" and I'm starting to believe that if I just don't worry about it and I stop focusing on it, I feel a lot better and it actually goes away. I hope this isn't a form of stuffing that will later come back to haunt me...
I called someone in the US for the first time since I've been here. It was great. And then I decided I should probably call my mother too. When I'm in Iowa she calls almost every week, so two months is a long time to go without more than emails. (oops) Plus, I think she really misses us. and by us I mean the three of us older kids who aren't at home anymore. There's a weird thought... I remember when I was still at home thinking that some time far in the future us kids would leave the house and mom and dad would get old... Now half of us have left and it just seems so quick.
This whole week has been sunny. Apparently unusually sunny. A full week with no rain, hardly any clouds, mostly sun! I have loved every minute of it. I even bought an ice cream cone or two. I love how the sun seems to cause everything to come to life here. Kids go outside to play and laugh, more people bike, more bikers look happy, more couples are affectionate, more dogs are out playing. It's wonderful!
1 comment:
don't tell mom you think they're getting old. :p
and yay for pda!
(the word verification thing looks like a bad word...that's funny.)
Post a Comment