31 May 2007

same ol'

I've been back for over a week now. Today I realized I forgot how fat American's are becoming! seriously!
Anyway, I've got a new job. I'm working in a factory making panels for the chevy avalanche. It's not very fun, but its also not too hard or too fast paced, so I'm pretty happy with it. I get paid decently and maybe by the end of the summer I'll have some muscles to show off. :)
I'm living with an aunt and uncle (my favorite from my moms side). I've been noticing how much my aunt is like my mother!! They kinda look alike, laugh alike, talk alike, and have very similar manerisms. It's almost scary. Anyway, free room and board and no car (which means no expenses) = hopefully a very productive summer. On the down side, no car also = not going out much... So I'll just have to make it count when I do. :)
It's hot.

3 comments:

Dane said...

ok, i don't know if you noticed but young dutch kids are getting pretty dang fat too. The US is just 20 years ahead of Europeans on fast food addiction! They do have the added bonus of biking everywhere here though so at least they get some exercise. It could just be in Amsterdam where that is the case too since its so international.

Mela said...

true, but still, its way worse here! just wait till you get back...

Amanda said...

everytime i see someone who's "big" here, i try to compare to what i remember as the average american... i think i'm in for a bit of a shock when i got back at some point... but yes... more and more tubby children are popping up all over the place in this country to! i'm about ready to picket mcdonalds... though, i suppose i should go picket the snack shops and kroket stands then too... but those are too good. at least you get good flavor with the fat in that "food". hmm... i could go for some more american icecream though... they can just import it all over here, and transfer their weight issues... i'd be ok with that...