15 June 2007

happy friday!!!

The pool is done. We finished it yesterday and it finally has enough water to filter now too, so the water is getting treated and cleaned and by Monday it should be fit for a swim. I would swim in it now, but we (and by we I mean Uncle Dave, Aunt Pam, and I) are possibly heading to the cabin for the weekend so I need to pack up and stuff. But Monday I shall return for a dive. :) Or even Sunday night.

I stayed up past my bed time (which now is around 21:45) last night making music mixes to take to work so I won't have to listen to crappy radio music. Every day the guys I work with listen to the same station - 97.9 GRD. And every morning there's this show on called Free Beer and Hot Wings. Took me about three days to figure out that those are the nicknames of two guys on the show and not a promotion to win beer and hot wings. Bummer. Anyway, I used to be annoyed by the show. From 6.30 when my shift starts till about 10.30 there's no music, just four guys talking or playing games. But after a while I started realizing how entertaining they are. Somehow they manage to spend four hours straight every morning just making fun of stupid people - kids, celebrities, polititions, foreigners, their listeners, each other, and themselves. They never fail to amuse me, if not with their hilarity then with their stupidity! But once the music starts, thats when I start to get annoyed again. They play the same songs EVERY DAY! No joke. And they play songs from the same artists over and over in one day... So I'm bringing some CD's and hoping the guys let me play them. :)

I got paid yesterday and found out I'm making a dollar less per hour than expected and paying more tax than I expected. Welcome to the real world.

6 comments:

Dane said...

The taxes all come back in the end since your a student though and that is one heck of a sweet check to get. Unfortunately it only comes once a year :(

Mela said...

ya, but my last tax return was only $32. ONE HELL OF A DISAPPOINTMENT that was!! Hopefully the next one's better...

John Taylor said...

Hey Hey... Im headed home sometime in July, I dont know when yet because the airlines are jackin me around. I ned to get home earlier than originally planned, so hopefully it all works out. Gotta go, keep in touch!

Amanda said...

thats a bummer.
enjoy the pool!

SaraMonet' said...

where are you!?!?!?

ns said...

answer to your question: at dordt.