At work yesterday the guys fought over gatorade. Unbelievable! These are 30+ year old men fighting over gatorade! The supervisors even had to get involved to resolve the issue.
I went shopping with my aunt yesterday for a dress to wear to all these summer weddings coming up. I felt like I was shopping with my mother. Have I mentioned she reminds me of my mom? Anyway, it was weird. Like my mom, she hasn't exactly the same sense of style as I have. Also like my mom, she has in mind an idea of of what my "style" is and, like my mom's, it doesn't quite coincide with mine. I did manage to find two dresses - one that I kinda liked but wasn't sure if it was dressy enough and another that I really liked but wasn't sure if it was modest enough. So (following Aunt Pam's advice) I bought them both and took them home to show Uncle Dave. He liked the one I liked, so that settled it. For some reason I trust his judgement better on the issue. :) Come to think of it, I always trusted Dad's sense of style better than Mom's. Or maybe it was just the honesty, I don't know.
It has recently been suggested that some people think I'm naive. I know people used to think that about me, but didn't know they still did. I guess if I was naive, I wouldn't know it myself, but I really don't know if I agree. I may be idealistic about some things. Maybe I'm uninformed at times. Perhaps I'm even slightly airheaded? But naive? I guess its possible.
3 comments:
haha! naive... yeah... i used to think that too about you... but certain stories have changed my mind... ;)
my lil sister is growing up! (sniff).
hey now! there's a difference between naive and innocent. ;)
At least your around to make it to all of the summer weddings that are going on! I've missed quite a few already although I will be back in time for a few of them. Why does everyone get married in June?
Post a Comment