I had a bit of an eventful weekend. About wednesday I decided to go to Milwaukee this weekend to visit Eric. Thursday I booked my ferry tickets - they were mostly sold out so I had to take the 4.45pm ferry to Milwaukee on Friday and the 6am ferry back on Sunday leaving not much time to actually be in Milwaukee. At work the guys kept reminding me that I was leaving on friday the thirteenth and asking if that made me nervous. In truth I was, but not because of the date at all. I was a little worried about making the ferry in time because I get out of work at 3, but still had to get home to pick up aunt Pam's car to drive there with, plus I had to be there no later than 4.30 or probably even before that... But uncle Dave assured me from home it only takes half an hour to get there, so Friday he even ran some errands before going home. I left home by ten to four - plenty of time. or so I thought. But turns out theres tons of construction on the highway and even at 4pm it was backed up to a stop. Eventually it was moving again, but not far after that there was a car getting hooked up to a tow truck, so again traffic was at a slow crawl! By this time I was getting frustrated and hoping for better luck. Instead after I got off the highway I got nothing but red lights and getting stuck behind slow drivers. So I get to the ferry at 4.40, run in, and ask if there's any way I can still get on.
- Negative.
- But its still there!
- The passenger part is closed up.
- But cars are still getting on. Can't I walk through there?
- No, its secured.
- (Secured? from what?) So absolutely no way?
- No, sorry.
- Can I get on the 11pm one?
- Yes. With a $10 change fee...
So I paid, sat in the car and watched the ferry sit there another 15minutes before completely closing up. Then I left and went to the beach for the next 5 hours. When I got to the beach I walked out onto the dock and just as I got there, the ferry went past. Like a punch to the stomache... The beach was nice at least, but it woulda been nicer with some company or something. I waded on a sandbar, read, ate subway, ate ice cream, waded more, walked on the dock again, watched the sunset, and finally caught a ferry to Milwaukee. Long day.
p.s. Saturday Eric and I went to the zoo and I rode a camel!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment