28 August 2007

and back again.

It's been a while so here's a bit of an update.

A week ago I booked a ferry ride to Milwaukee to see Eric and the suegros before heading back to Dordt. A few hours before I left to go there, I got a phone call saying the ferry was canceled (boat needed working on) so I got a full refund AND there was a bus available to take me to Milwaukee for free! Oh happy day!

In Milwaukee I went to an art museum, went roller blading, went to the cheesecake factory, and saw the Bourne Ultimatum. I also found a ride to take me to Dordt (finally). So Sunday I set out for Dordt and 12hours and 4 cars later I made it to Sioux center! I had to get Eric to take me to highway 80 where I met up with Lisa who was going to take me the rest of the way. About two hours from Sioux Center her car quit working properly. Transmission? So we were stuck on an off-ramp. Luckily a very very nice couple of people our age saw our hazards and offered help. After pushing us into the gas station parking lot and tinkering around for over an hour to see what the problem was, they arranged for one of them to drive us north an hour where we hooked up with a Dordt friend, moved our stuff again!! and finally made it back to Dordt at 3am!

Now I'm settled into the fourth floor of southview and I keep getting lost. Every time I come up the west stairs I think I'm on the east side and vice versa. I just now almost walked into the wrong apartment by accident. I like to think I'm getting better with directions but...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

still getting lost at dordt? excusable for freshmen, but seriously...its not that big.
you should put a big sign on your door "this is my room", so you always know where to open the door... :)