I had been joking around about staying in Sioux Center an extra day or two on the pretext of bad weather.
And I should have.
We hit a blizzard and had to pull over for over half an hour after driving in bad conditions for a few hours. But after a bit the storm passed and the roads were cleared and off we went again. We got into the springs two and a half hours later than expected, but safe and sound.
Yesterday, however, was a significant improvement. Better company (as in no company), better music (as in only my music), better weather (as in windows down instead of heater on), and better scenery! Mom's bus got delayed so much, she just stayed home, so I drove the whole 9hrs by myself. I loved every minute of it.
To anyone driving through New Mexico, you gotta listen to Modest Mouse. And Highway 61 Revisited.
1 comment:
windows down....how nice that would be. Glad you are safe.
Post a Comment