As per usual, I was running a little late. So I sped a little. On the highway there are usually three lanes, but sometimes it cuts down to two. But rather than telling one to merge, they just use the 3rd lane as an exit. I didn't remember that from last time and missed any signs indicating that would be the case, so I was in that third lane and suddenly I was about to head down an exit thinking "Oh shit!" I tried to quick move a lane over to stay on the highway, but couldn't because there were two cars who wouldn't let me on, so I figured I'd just take the exit, turn left at the street to go back to the highway and get back on, no biggie. But THEN it turns out the exit was not for a street but for another highway. "Oh shit" again. It seemed a good 5 km before the next exit on THAT highway where I finally got off, turned around and got back on the 2nd highway towards the 1st highway that I needed. THEN! when I got back to the 1st highway (the one I needed), the ramp for Niagara (which I needed) was closed! So I had to go the opposite direction and get off at the next exit to reenter the highway in the right direction. Well, the next exit was 7th street and that was where I got on that highway in the very beginning anyhow and by this time it was ten after ten and by the time I'd even make it to church I would have been about 20 minutes late... So I just went home.
How embarrassing.
3 comments:
haha! I've done that a number of times here... I blame the fact that in Sydney there are multiple roads with the same name depending on which suburb they are in, and also singluar roads with multiple names again depending on which suburb they are running through... it's inteansely frustrating. I hope it goes better for you in the future.
meh, i've been 20min late to church plenty'a'times. just in time for the sermon. but then, our church is full of africans and south americans and being 20min late goes relatively unnoticed... :p
oh, and wanna see roads and signs that don't make sense? come to holland.
Post a Comment