05 July 2010

Mexico is out of the World Cup, so my second choice team is the Netherlands, of course. :) Because of Canada Day I got Friday off so I was finally able to watch a World Cup game. And not just any game, but the Brazil vs. Netherlands game! It was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen and a good exciting one because all the suspense and mounting tension exploded into pure elation when the Netherlands beat the best ranked team of this cup!!! I watched it in Boston Pizza with a bunch of friends. Game on at 10am, along with the first beers of the day. When the game was over we all got in our vehicles and drove in a convey through several little towns waving Dutch flags and honking at every Dutch flag and every orange jersey we saw. It was great to see complete strangers unite to share a moment of celebration.
The next game is on Tuesday at 2.30pm. I thought about taking the afternoon off of work to catch it, though deep down I knew I would not do it. But to my utter joy and happiness we have a hotter than hot week here, which not only got us sent home early today, but also caused our bosses to declare the next two days six to noon workdays. WOOOT WOOOT!! KNOCK EM DEAD, NETHERLANDS!

I went camping last weekend at someone's lake side cottage. It was a rockin good time. Next weekend I'll be going to the Bakker cottage. They are already there, which leaves me the house AND loft to myself. Yikes. I have to remember to set the alarm every night and lock doors and shut off lights and care for Lima. So much responsibility. :D So first, to the grocery store. Second, to the liquor store... (kidding)

PS. I miss everyone. EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

miss you too. :(

enjoy the game!!!!!!!