20 March 2011

Good girl

I am now once again carless. Well, not entirely because I still own it, but my little Nena is now sitting on a driveway in West Olive. Moped, here I come. (I gotta name that thing.)

I just got back from a lovely trip to Grand Rapids. I have two siblings there now, so I got to see both of them and spend some quality time. But they also both have jobs and worked most mornings, so I had a good share of time to myself to read, walk, explore and hang out in East Town. I think I needed that. The week was quite relaxing and rejuvenating.

Dee was trying to convince me to skip my last day of work on Saturday so I could be at her brother's stag and doe. I didn't because I just don't have it in me to not show up at work, even on my last day at a job I don't like, so I went to work like a good girl, but made sure everyone I worked with knew how excited I was that that was my last day.. Next day as I approached the border I got a phone call from the old job saying they were a man down and when they checked the schedule, it was me who was missing. I said they must be wrong or the boss must have changed the schedule after I wrote my hours down in my planner because when I checked, Saturday was my last day, I was sure. The supervisor said, "Well, you're on tonight so..." to which I had to say, "I'm sorry, but I can't come. I'm at the Michigan border-" (from where it would take me at least an hour just to cross to turn around and another 3 hours to drive back and by that time my shift would be nearly over anyway). And here this supervisor hung up on me. HA!
So I did skip my last day of work after all, Dee. :)

Now I am back and turns out the roommie at all the food in the house, which is fine, but hasn't boughten any to replenish what she eats, which is not fine, so before I can even eat supper, I gotta go buy it. On my bicycle. I just told said roommie I don't want to share food anymore. This is going to be a great summer. :D

2 comments:

Jeffy said...

Ha!! take that job... hehe

you should name your moped. maybe lesley (les for short)

Lulu Bean said...

Turk II

He's like the moped version of Lisa's old bike.