31 March 2011

The nursery is potting stuff these days. Roses, shrubs, trees... Prior to potting, the crew I am on processes these plants, which requires much handling. For some reason, the fact that I'm carrying around trees, flipping them from side to side or upside down or whatever and moving them around just seems weird to me. Trees have always been something stationary, something rooted, something immovable, except when they die and fall over or are chopped down. But at the nursery, I can just pick up a tree and toss it around. So strange to me, but of course it all makes great sense and these trees are small, but it just feels odd.

It's good to be back. :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

you could write a story about a poor little tree that gets picked up and tossed around and doesn't know what's going on...

Mela said...

ha! you could, maybe, but I'm not that kind of writer... Dee wants to start a nursery of her own with the little "garbage" trees and call it "Give The Little Guy A Chance Nursery".