06 June 2006

(I am titleless because the music I'm listening to now is lyricless.)

I got up at 8:30 this morning. The earliest yet this summer. I think. Someone decided to test building D's fire alarm at 8:30am. But for whatever reason, I thought it was a garbage truck, and in my groggy state, I remembered something about house sitting, and recycling, and June 6 and I decided the recycling for the house I'm sitting needed to be out on the 6th and THAT WAS TODAY!! Then I decided that, though I had probably missed it, maybe if I got over there quick, I could possibly catch the truck if it wasn't through there yet, so I jumped in the car and drove to the house and checked the notes from the home owners which told me recycling goes out on June 6 in the evening so they can pick it up on the 7th... ARRRRRRRRGGG!!! I coulda slept an extra couple hours! but now that I was up, I fed the fish, checked the mail, watered the cat and went back to my apartment, made french toast, and went to dollar general to check out their AWSOME 90% OFF SALE! only to find out just the toys and a few select items are actually on sale. But hey, when everything starts off around 1 or 5 dollars, who can complain? And where else, even on sale, could one find a cutting board, two knives, and scissors set for three dollars? (I hope no where else cuz otherwise I'll feel dumb about being so excited about my purchase.)

1 comment:

Gabriel Florit said...

Hey Carmela,

Gracias. Yo también.

Es dificil, ¿no? esto de hacer amigos, y luego decir adiós. Seguro que te pasó lo mismo en méjico. Lo peor de todo es que seguramente nunca estaré en una situación como la de dordt, osea, en un lugar en el que lo más importante todo el mundo lo tiene en común. Por eso es que era tan fácil hacer buenos amigos en dordt... Sí, yo también te extraño.