27 June 2006

God, who'd wanna be such an asshole.

So Mexico lost, but not without a good fight. They went into overtime, but then Argentina apparantly scored a sweet goal that I didn't get to see because I had to work... but I kept getting little texts from Cal updating me on the game. Work ended up consisting of taking everyone to the festival thing in Orange City. woot woot. It wasn't ALL bad. There was one cool act by a family where they spun basketballs doing tricks with them spinning, or juggled them back and forth with each other or alone or on unicycles that were at least nine feet tall! no joke.

Did I mention I'm observing physical therapists (PT's) this month? Well, I am and there's one thing I've learned. I never want to be one of those health care providers that baby talks the patients and just does stuff without explaining what they are doing and what its for. One of the PT's I'm following, and the nurses at the hospital too, always talks to the patients (especially the old ones) in a really high happy voice all the time (that she doesn't use with her coworkers) and it pisses me off! It's disgusting.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

k tristeza... casi llore. i'm gonna develop ulcers from watching these kinda games. maybe its a good thing its over. holland's out too. now i'll just have to pick a random team to support just so i can keep watching. argentina has some hot players... perhaps i'll go for them. :p