MEXICO BEAT IRAN 3-1!!! Great game too! Full of excitement and great playing and fowls - lots of fowls - and one yellow card and a coach wearing a mysterious looking tie. I don't recognize most of the players anymore. My favorites are gone. Oh well. I'll just have to find new favorites. And when it was over, Amanda and I cruised down main street honking at everyone and yelling and singing and cheering and waving a flag out the window! no one else joined in our celebration, but we were reminiscing about Mexico and imagining how all world cup fans in Merida would be driving around Paseo Montejo doing the same thing at the same time as us, miles and miles away. Last world cup was our last summer in Merida. And we drove around with our friend Alonso or maybe Luis Alberto (I don't really remember which) and that was fun! come to think of it, maybe that wasn't even FIFA... maybe that was independence day? Either way, I miss stuff like that.
I hope Mexico kicks Portugal's behind. (and carmela smiles innocently.)
No comments:
Post a Comment