02 June 2006

I believe in a thing called love

Canada was great. We left friday at midnight to get to Alberta Saturday evening. Saw my grandparents. Went to Banff for a day where I bought my first legal drink. I bought a whole pitcher, but the girl didn't even card me... Then Amanda, Dane, two of my cousins and I went to climb Sulfur Mountain. We tackled it full force, skipping out on the path and just climbing straight up. We got just over half way and then started taking the path, but by then the beer, the thin mountain air, and my being just plain out of shape got to me and I was feeling so light headed I went back down while the rest kept climbing. Except Dane, of course, who being the good boyfriend stayed with me. So that was kind of embarrassing...
I went horse-back-riding at my uncles farm. He put us to work with the cattle. None of us really knew what we were doing so we just looked like a bunch of stupid city kids riding around the feild spooking all the cows and scattering them all the wrong ways. :)
We went shopping around some nice places in Calgary too. It was kind of rainy that day though and I was wearing my flip flops. At some point we were crossing a street and there were cars all lined up.. and I slipped on a man-whole cover in front of all of them scrapping my knees and tearing wholes in both knees of my good jeans. At least now their "stylish"... Ah well, it was worth the laughs. If something stupid like that is going to happen, there at least better be people to see it to make it worth while. :)
I got to see my cousin and his pregnant wife. And I got to hear some of the music he recorded with his buddy.
I bought the best kind of Canadian honey from some family friends my dad used to do bee keeping with.
I also bought Bryers Oh Henry ice cream!! MMMMMmmm!!!
And on the way back we stopped at Alan's place and hung out with him and Jeff and some of their friends. We spent the night and made the rest of the trip the next day.
Immediately upon returning, it was back to work for Amanda and I.
Calgary is beautiful.
Montana is gorgeous too, and they have great beer, but there's hardly anyone there!

3 comments:

r.c.f. said...

i think that's the first time i've seen someone use varying font sizes effectively. good work. usually it's just annoying.

Jeffy said...

Too bad it cleared up in the valley the next afternoon

then you would have seen full montana glory

hardly anyone there? there are more people here everyday and it's sad.

Mela said...

I suppose that is why Montana is so gorgeous - BECAUSE its not full of people to ruin it... so you're right, its better that way. but that is also why I like to VISIT beautiful places like that and not live there, because this city girl likes to be surrounded by thousands or millions...? :S