I shadowed a physical therapist again today and he and a client started talking about the war. And the PT said something to the effect that the nations the US is at war with at the moment kind of had the war coming because of all the evil of the people of those nations. Then he mentioned something about the way they torture people by sticking them in hot tar and the like, which is terrible, but all I could think was what made him so certain that the US is any better? What makes him think America does not have a serious ass kicking coming to it? How dare he make that kind of judgment on any nation and have the nerve to say Iraq or Iran or any country we're at war with had it coming!
But then I was also extremely tired and perhaps I misunderstood what he was saying? I hope?
2 comments:
it sounds fatalist, but everybody has it coming in one way or another. the problem is that some countries are self-righteous enough to give it.
the most dangerous thing a collective population can do is forget their own history. that's what i see the downfall of america being. and it'll bite them in the ass fairly soon, i think.
nah, you probably heard right...
i was going to comment something else but i decided not to because it was as ignorant and judgemental as what i was claiming someone like him to be. so i'll refrain...
have fun at work. :)
Post a Comment